An application that uses Neon Pay to facilitate payment processing. Examples: NeonCRM, Rallybound, CiviCore.
A customer, typically a nonprofit organization. An organization may have many users who may access the Merchant Portal.
A payment processing account managed by an Organization. An organization may have many Merchant Accounts. They must have at least one unique Merchant Account for each Application they use.
- Applications may access (via API) any Merchant Account that is connected to their system.
- Applications may also access any Organization that is connected to their system via a Merchant Account.
- An Application may not manipulate Merchant Accounts used by other Applications.
- An Organization must own at least one Merchant Account for each Application they use.
- A Merchant Account may not be shared by two Applications.
This diagram illustrates the relationship between these three entities:
In this diagram, a customer organization is connected to Rallybound and NeonCRM. They have created two Merchant Accounts; one for each Application. Rallybound is able to create charges and query data in Merchant Account A, but is not able to access Merchant Account B.